There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work. Backed by top investors such as General Catalyst and Y Combinator, Osmind’s team consists of healthcare veterans and software experts (e.g. AWS, Verge Genomics, Kaiser Permanente, Stanford Medicine, Stanford Graduate School of Business). We've been featured in publications such as Crunchbase News.
We are looking for our first Product Designer. You will play a foundational role in Osmind's growth. With the executive, product, medical affairs, and engineering teams, you will be at the center of translating vision and business goals into an amazing product design that users love. This is a tremendous opportunity to lay the foundation for a major function in a fast-paced environment with a team that cares deeply about making an impact on the patients who need it the most.
- Founding member of the Design Team with potential to grow into leadership position within the product and design org. Help grow our product and design teams
- Work directly with the executive, product, medical affairs, engineering, customer success, and sales teams as an instrumental team member who translates vision and business goals into elegant, intuitive, delightful product designs that users love.
- Be a core part of the product vision and take ownership in designing a product that aims to profoundly transform mental health.
- Contribute to strategic decisions around the future direction of products and the product roadmap
- Design beautiful, simple, intuitive, innovative, and enjoyable product and user experiences + flows
- Using product requirements documents (PRDs) from Product Managers, create detailed designs for engineers to implement.
- Deliver high-quality, detailed, easy-to-use designs to relevant stakeholders that comprehensively map out user flows and visualize the user interface.
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features. Take ideas and turn them into useful and valuable features for users.
- Be creative in designing innovative solutions to user problems and business needs
- Constantly set goals, milestones, and iterative approaches to improve the look and feel of the product
- Inform design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to ensure the incorporation of great design as new features are introduced and existing capabilities are refined.
- Utilize data and a deep understanding of users to guide design decisions.
- Conduct external user research (e.g. prospective and current customers, KOL's) and internal interviews (e.g. with medical affairs and medical advisors) to ascertain key pain points and make decisions using data and user behavior
- Validate decisions through rapid prototyping and testing.
- Lead and oversee user experience of features from conception to post-launch
- Be a go-to resource for design questions.
- Be in charge of design across the organization such as revamping and maintaining the style guide for the product. You will not focus on visual design, but you will be the initial point person for visual and UI as we collaboratively build out the design team
- Occasionally assist with non-product design decisions such as brand style guide, graphic design, etc.
- Regularly give and receive feedback on designs and strategic decisions
- 5+ years experience in a product or UX designer role at a tech company
- Your superpower should be in generating amazing user experiences and creative solutions to user needs. Have the ability to take in PRDs to create detailed, marvelous designs that healthcare providers and patients love (notwithstanding the highly regulated and serious nature of the mental healthcare industry)
- Proficient in UI, design systems and able to create world class experiences.
- Ability to do both UX and visual design though the latter does not have to be your "special sauce"
- Strong foundation in UI, Interaction design and motion with great attention to detail
- Interaction Designs skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Proficient in design software such as Figma, Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc
- A creative thinker who has lots of ideas and sees solutions when most would not
- An eye and talent for clean, beautiful visual aesthetics
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function. Again, visual design will not be your focus but you should be fluent here
- Passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Demonstrated track record of collaboration between multiple stakeholders and departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work locally out of our office in San Francisco once COVID is over!
- Experience at a healthcare software company, especially if product was sold to healthcare providers
- Experience at a rapidly-growing startup
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system
- Management experience building design teams (while still wanting to roll up your sleeves)
- Experience leading product direction and strategic thinking while developing product goals, identifying opportunities, and making decisions based on the impact to people and the company
- Experience showcasing your end-to-end design process across multiple projects, that include interaction and visual design artifacts, multiple iterations, and high-fidelity prototypes
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3-1/2 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks
- Generous relocation bonus for those needing to move to San Francisco (Fall 2021 return to office)