There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer and the founding member of the Design Team at our company. You will play a foundational role in Osmind's growth. With the executive, product, medical affairs, and engineering teams, you will be at the center of translating vision and business goals into an amazing product design that users love. This is a tremendous opportunity to lay the foundation for a major function in a fast-paced environment with a team that cares deeply about making an impact on the patients who need it the most.
This role will transition to in-person in San Francisco in Fall 2021 and we are seeking an immediate start date. We will be hybrid in the office with just 2-3 days expected in-office every week.
- Founding member of the Design Team with potential to grow into leadership position within the product and design org
- Report directly into cofounders
- Work directly with the executive, product, medical affairs, engineering, customer success, and sales teams as an instrumental team member who translates vision and business goals into elegant, intuitive, delightful product designs that users love.
- Be a core part of the product vision and take ownership in designing a product that aims to profoundly transform mental health
- Operate with autonomy while collaborating closely with various stakeholders
- Design beautiful, simple, intuitive, innovative, and enjoyable product and user experiences + flows
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of new features
- Using product requirements documents (PRDs) from Product Managers, create detailed designs for engineers to implement
- Deliver high-quality, detailed, easy-to-use designs to relevant stakeholders that comprehensively map out user flows and visualize the user interface
- Utilize data and a deep understanding of users to guide design decisions.
- Conduct external user research (e.g. prospective and current customers, KOL's) and internal interviews (e.g. with medical affairs and medical advisors) to ascertain key pain points and make decisions using data and user behavior
- Validate decisions through rapid prototyping and testing.
- Help grow our product and design teams
- As the founding member of the Design Team, you will at first be in charge of functions across different types of design and research. As the company grows, you will help recruit and hire additional designers and be able to shape the build of those functions (e.g. UX, UI, interaction, graphic, brand, research), with potential to grow into a managerial and leadership role
- 3+ years experience in a product or UX designer role at a tech company
- Your superpower should be in generating amazing user experiences and creative solutions to user needs. Have the ability to take in PRDs to create detailed, marvelous designs that healthcare providers and patients love
- Proficient in UI, design systems and able to create world class experiences.
- Strong foundation in UI, Interaction design and motion with great attention to detail
- Interaction Designs skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work
- Proficient in design software such as Figma, Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc
- A creative thinker who has lots of ideas and sees solutions when most would not
- An eye and talent for clean, beautiful visual aesthetics
- Visual Design skills with proficiency in typography, desktop/mobile UI, color, layout, iconography and aesthetic sense and how these elements impact product function. Visual design will not be your focus, but you should be fluent here
- Passion for fixing our broken mental healthcare system
- Demonstrated track record of collaboration between multiple stakeholders and departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work locally out of our office in San Francisco for 2-3 days a week once COVID is over!
- Experience at a healthcare software company, especially if product was sold to healthcare providers
- Experience at a rapidly-growing startup
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system
What we offer
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup. Our philosophy is to set team members up for career and personal growth.
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3-1/2 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks
- Generous relocation bonus for those needing to move to San Francisco (Fall 2021 return to office)