There are 22M+ Americans who suffer from treatment-resistant mental health conditions, meaning they’ve failed two or more conventional treatments. Our mission is to further innovative mental health treatments (ranging from FDA-approved psychedelic medicines to neuromodulation to digital therapeutics to novel molecular approaches) for those patients who are suffering the most. We do this by empowering providers, improving patient care, and accelerating research. Our electronic medical records software is used by mental health doctors and their patients across the US. We analyze the data to help the doctors deliver better care and also offer insights to help research and development of new treatments that actually work.
Backed by top-tier investors (e.g. General Catalyst, Future Ventures, Tiger Global, Y Combinator, Jerry Yang, Joshua Kushner, etc.), Osmind’s team consists of mission-driven experts from across tech and healthcare. We're a tight-knit group of intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and fun team members. We've been featured in publications such as Forbes and Crunchbase News.
We are looking for our first dedicated Data Engineer. You will play a foundational role in Osmind's growth by being the first dedicated team member to build our data pipeline and infrastructure. This is a tremendous opportunity to lay the foundation for a major function in a fast-paced environment to immediately make an impact on the patients who need it the most.
Note that our engineering team is remote. We provide relocation for candidates who do want to relocate to SF and join us in-person in our office. Remote candidates will be flown in to HQ for their first two weeks for in-person onboarding!
- Lead the design of our data infrastructure
- Develop complex data processing pipelines from multiple data sources
- Build scaleable ways to process, clean, harmonize and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Take lead in setting up our data warehouse and launching ETL management infrastructure
- Harmonize clinical data from disparate sources against standard clinical mappings
- Spearhead robust data and analytics pipelines, tools, visualizations, and services for accessible and flexible data analysis
- Build integrations and APIs to various data sources: e.g. FHIR, ADT streams, wearables, clinical mappings, etc.
- Work closely with our VP Medical Affairs/clinical team, data science team, and product team to inform data models and set us up for high-quality research
- 4+ years data engineering experience
- Strong proficiency with programming in Python
- Advanced SQL coding and query optimization experience
- Experience in architecting and building scalable ETL Data Pipelines in AWS (Lambda experience preferred)
- Experience with relational/columnar databases, (e.g. Postgres, MSSQL, MySQL, Redshift), and interactive querying services, (e.g. Athena, Retool, Redash, Looker)
- Experience with pipeline orchestration solutions, (e.g. Apache Airflow, AWS Step Functions)
- Passion for revolutionizing mental healthcare and improving the patient journey
- Experience in DynamoDB (the database technology that we use for our production database, one of your data sources of truth for the data warehouse)
- Experience working with highly-sensitive healthcare data, knowledge of HIPAA
- Have a strong understanding of statistics
What we offer
- The ability to build something that actually moves the needle on our generation's biggest crisis, mental healthcare. Serve treatment-resistant mental health patients (1/3 of mental health patient population) who are the ones who need the most help. Contribute to one of the most innovative areas of medicine: frontier neuropsychiatry
- An all-star team that is intellectually rigorous, highly collaborative, deeply caring, and likes to have fun. We also value diversity of thought and background
- Tremendous growth opportunity and autonomy given we're a high-growth startup
- Flexible working hours to match your style
- Competitive, upside-heavy compensation, healthcare, 401K matching, and office perks
- Generous relocation bonus for those who would like to move to San Francisco